Master EOS systems and software and guide stakeholders to choose high quality part parameters for each and every case.
Additive manufacturing (AM) may look simple but the process chain requires a significant depth of technical knowledge and clear communication between parties to ensure consistent high quality from start to finish.
An Application Specialist must understand how to operate EOS systems and software The learner must be ready to discuss each case with clients and stakeholders to ensure the success of every aspect of the process chain.
EOS additive manufacturing courses will give you the training needed to understand and command the nuances of data preparation, part parameters, monitoring and finishing, plus how to communicate this to everyone involved, giving you vital skills to further your career in additive manufacturing.
This course is split into four phases:
Phase 1: An introduction to EOS systems and software, learning how to build job preparations with Materialise Magics software.
Phase 2: Delve into the world of parameter editing, materials and post processing.
Phase 3: Cover AM quality standards and deepen your knowledge of Additive Works Amyphon.
Phase 4: Theory examination, practical examination, certification and farewell event.
Review the phases of the Learning Path below. Some of the modules are available to purchase separately, click on “Buy Module” for more information.
Phase 1 - Master an EOS System and Software
Phase 2 - Build Up Your Know-How
Phase 3 - Deepen Your Knowledge
Phase 4 - Demonstrate What You Have Learned
Fast-track your progress in one of the most innovative manufacturing disciplines in the world as an Application Specialist with Additive minds Academy comprehensive 3D printing online classes.
- Understand EOS Metal machines and how to operate them. You will receive instruction on settings and safety procedures specific to the EOS M290 and other popular machine types.
- Decide the value of 3D printed parts and be able to communicate this clearly to the client. You will feel confident helping clients to find the right AM application by referencing a deep knowledge of cost-per-part, cost distribution, cost leverage potential and industry and machine specifics for each project.
- Recognise potential hazards and gain a deep understanding of EOS safety procedures, safety signs and personal protective equipment to ensure a high level of safety on site.
- Become accustomed with Materialise Magics software and learn how to use it to perform a range of repairs such as holes, remeshing and smoothing.
- Explore advance software options like part offset, labelling and hollow parts and learn about auto placement, orientating parts and the special options available for generating high quality supports.
- Gain a knowledge of different surface types including DownSkin, Standard Contour and UpSkin and evaluate how to label parts on a real test job.
- Get acquainted with EOSPRINT 2 , our inhouse data preparation software, learning how to work with part parameters like editor structure, beam offset and supports. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of hatches, contours, and edges and practice applying different exposure settings on various application samples to ensure the best outcome.
- Familiarise yourself with EOSTATE Exposure OT & MeltPool Monitoring. Learn the ins and outs of AM process monitoring as well as the many benefits of using such a system.
- Study the attributes of different materials and decide which material is best for which job. It is important to know which materials shrink or warp when processed and by learning about the qualities of our most common material types, you will gain a deeper understanding of the data preparation stage and its importance.
- Receive training on post-processing surface finishes, including powder removal as well as part and support removal. Understand the importance of each method, their differences, and what makes a high quality part finish.
- Recognise the definition of quality within the 3D printing industry and how EOS measures and monitors during each stage of the process. You will learn about quality criteria such as dimensional accuracy, tensile strength, hardness, density, and electrical conductivity within the limits of data preparation, machine, powder, process parameters and post processing. You will feel confident ensuring a quality end product in every project.
- Feel confident operating Amphyon to create technically robust parts. Avoid part distortion and support failure by properly calibrating software to predict and prevent breakages and overheating. This 3D printing module teaches you how to adjust your data preparation to ensure each and every part is a success.
Video learningWhether you are a visual or audio learner, our additive manufacturing modules will provide for you with a range of written, video and webinar based formats.
Self-pacedOur flexible online classes allow you to study remotely at the times which suit you, for as long as you need, giving you freedom to learn on the go and at your own pace.
Practical learningTo really understand the relevant methodologies and software, practical experience is necessary and our 3D printing modules offer a variety of practical tasks, exercises and hands-on tools.
Shared learningConnecting with tutors and other students in peer reviews, Q&A sessions and discussion groups will encourage valuable feedback and growth.
Case studiesA range of real world case studies will prepare you for work outside the classroom and portfolio reviews will ensure you are confident and ready for the job.
CertificationQualification with EOS as an Application Specialist will open doors for you to progress your career in additive manufacturing.
When you join our additive manufacturing courses to become an EOS certified Application Specialist, you step into one of the most exciting industries in the world.
We provide comprehensive 3D printing courses for professionals who seek to improve their skillset and rise up the career ladder in a range of industries that benefit from additive manufacturing.
You will be studying alongside learners from many different backgrounds, including:
Medical and dental, production and manufacturing, information technology, logistics, oil and gas, aerospace, defence, automotive, construction, consumer goods and electronics.
Over the years we have welcomed professionals from many departments such as sales, management, operation, engineering, design and even the CEO themselves! Our additive manufacturing online classes are highly beneficial to those at any stage of the process chain.
Upon completion of all modules in the 3D printing online classes, you will receive qualification from EOS as an Application Specialist and be ready to apply your new skills towards your existing additive manufacturing role, or to find your calling in an application specific position.
When you join one of Additive Minds Academy's online classes, you are signing up to study with the best.
EOS is a global giant in the world of industrial 3D printing technology and is recognised for supplying leading brands including Audi, Boeing and Siemens Mobile.
What you get is three decades of innovation, research and technical knowledge combined into straightforward yet comprehensive and flexible online classes.
You also get the satisfaction that you are part of the solution of eco-conscious manufacturing. With Additive Minds Academy, you can rest assured that the training you will receive is of the highest quality and relevance to a bright future in additive manufacturing.
Why not start now?
- EOSPRINT 2.x
- Material Set: M 290, 17-4PH, 40 µm
- EOSPRINT Premium
- Materialise Magics 24.1
Are you a New Customer?
Completing this learning path requires you to join us online for a series of webinars. These will take place next at the following times
Basic System Operator:
- 1st February 2022
Parameter Editor Training Q&A Session:
- on request